Lately I have not been feeling very motivated personally to do anything much. One of the reasons for this is because I do not have any immediate goal or any finishing line to go for. Without a goal and deadline, I do not feel the need to push myself and have instead been distracted with things not the best for my health.
The worse part is knowing I am going away from my bigger goals and not even really being able to enjoy the distractions ;/ . Here are some pointers I am using though to help me get on track and might help some of you too…
- Set up an achievable immediate short term goal: It could not even be a goal but instead a will- power drive game. Like, I promised myself a 10 minute meditation every day inspite of whatever came in my way for one week. Or a 20 minute workout session irrespective of circumstances for the next 7 days. The point is sending a message to your subconscious that you planned on doing something and you finished it. Once you are comfortable with the shorter goals, set up bigger goals. Like maybe 0.5kg fat loss in the next 10 days. (Since this is mostly a fitness/ wellness blog, all my examples are fitness related but you get the point).
- Surround yourself with the right company: I read this quote once that said “show me your friends and I will show you your future”. Whoever wrote this could not have got it more right. Personally, I know my motivation and drive to accomplish my goals goes down the more time I spend with people who are not ambitious. And this is a constant struggle I go through between maintaining a social life and overcoming my fear of missing out on having friends vs chasing my goals. I don’t mean here to drop friends that do not help you grow, but why not spend more time in the company of people who have achieved things that you want to. Maybe even write an email/ DM your idol, you will be surprised knowing that some of them do even write back ;).
- Cut back on Netflix/ gadget addiction: It is so easy to slip into watching back- to- back series on Netflix or mindlessly scroll through your phone on social media. Within days it becomes an addiction. Every time I am the least productive in my life, I am also upto date with my TV shows. The only way I can control this is to limit my Netflix time to only 1-2 hours per day (is that also too much ;<). I am still on YouTube and other social media, but mostly watching informative stuff like documentaries or fitness related anything really. Something that helps me also is to commit to finish one audio book every 15 days. So even if I don’t want to, I listen to audio books about 2 hours per day just so that I finish them in the time frame I set for myself. This might mean listening while cooking/ lifting at the gym/ cardio (of course)/ daily chores etc. The more time spend with books, the lesser time I have for social media (for all those who ask me why I don’t stalk you back on snapachat or reply to DMs every single time, this is mostly why ;))
- Have someone to be accountable to: This is why fitness experts and life coaches are in business. Everyone knows what to do to stay healthy or lose weight. We all know what food is healthy and what causes your stomach to feel all funny the next day. But sometimes, all you need to do is pay someone to monitor you so that you stay accountable. The best way for me to stay on track is mailing my mentor once per week with my progress report. I find myself getting most de motivated and off track when I stop these mails.
- Forgive yourself for being human: This legit is the hardest for me to do. I (and I would like to believe most people) spend too much time feeling guilty about being off track for too long instead of focusing on the future. The faster you can get of the guilt train and start working towards building your future again, the better you will get. I am still working on myself to tackle this problem so can’t really say much ;/.
Hope you guys can take some pointers from here that might help you get back or stay on track!
Visit my webpage RoshniSanghvi.com for customised meal and fitness plans to help you stay fit!
My summer- cut program is an eight week program that will help you stay accountable and lose fat before summer! I still have some empty slots so sign up soon!
Visit my Instagram for daily videos for motivation!
I also upload recipes and videos on Youtube. Do visit my channel and subscribe for more info.
Lets also connect on Facebook and SnapChat (@roshnisanghvi)
Do like/ comment/ post your views/ tag a friend and share this post with anyone who may find it useful!